Thread: Quick Pages ???

Quick Pages ???

Sorry I ask a lot of questions...Lol.

Does anyone else like to scrap pages before the pictures? I love the kits and quick pages but I like to make my own with the kits.

However I don't know how to make them with the ability to put the picture to the backside. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advanced

Kellie
    Kellie - The Scrappy Penguin

Hi Kellie...I like to make my own even though I love the QP's that are made! I find that I feel I'm cheating if I use a QP sometimes and like to be able to say I did it myself (for the most part)! If I understand your question you aren't sure how to get a photo into a QP...if you are using Photoshop then you would put your photo under the layer of the QP layer. If the QP layer is a Background layer, double click on the layer name and say OK to renaming it "Layer 0". Or maybe you are thinking of a template and how to use it...that would be a whole another approach. HTH!

Glori said exactly what I was going to say...just make sure you add your photo below the QP layer and you should be all set.

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of QP's unless it's for a bigger project, like an entire album or calendar that I may be creating as a gift. But I can appreciate why they are so popular

Let us know if this helped

It sounds like you want to make your own QP. I'm guessing because I haven't done this before, but think what you'd want to do is create the page with a a solid colored block (in a contrasting color to your page to make it easy to select later) where you want the photo to be, then flatten the whole image. You would then right click on the layer and choose to "Layer from background". To make a window for your picture, you can then use the Magic Wand Tool to select the color block you used as a place holder and cut that section out of your layout. I think that would work, but haven't tried to make a QP myself.

Kellie, when I have made QP before, I have cut the spot out for my photo, through all the layers, then you save as a PNG so that the photo spot is transparent. That way you can slip your photo behind.

I don't make my own quick pages (or use other's much) because I like to design around my photo. Personally, if I did make a quick page, I would leave in the layers so that you can make changes once you do add a photo. I would make a shape (rectangle, circle, etc.) where I want the photo to be and then once you add a photo, you can just clip it to the shape.

Ladies these are all great techniques. I think after playing around I used a few of them to create my first QP. Jackie, I think you added something I didn't try that would make it faster than what I did do. I will have to try it next time I do.
    Chai, as a traditional scrapper I would make pages in advance for my pictures. I never knew which pictures I would use but when the right ones came along I would throw them on and WA-LA I was done with that pages.
    Thanks again everyone for the comments and suggestions. I posted my first QP (with pictures of course), but I did save as a .png
    Kellie - The Scrappy Penguin

Thread Information