Thread: From the Heartland

Cool From the Heartland

Hello all,
    I am fairly new digital SBer. I had kind of backed off scrapbooking and gotten into making cards...which I still do...because it just was too time consuming (total type A here) and a bit pricey (fixed income) at times. In comes My Memories 3 and all bets were off! I am hooked!
    I have grandchildren not only out of state but also out of the country. This is something even with my limited income that I can do for them. and I get the pictures and the memories too!
    I also do some sewing, cross-stitch and other general crafting.
    I have been married for 12 years come July and we have 4 children between the two of us and and 6 grandchildren from 9 years to two months.
    I enjoy camping ( I take my stuff with me...LOL), reading ( if you are thinking about a kindle they are worth it!), bible study, and of course my family. I have been the co-director of the Wednesday night children's program at my church for 7 years running and I have been on two Design Teams for card making.
    I am looking forward to learning all about this new hobby of mine. And making friends along the way would be ok too.

Hi Ruthie,

Welcome to Gotta Pixel and to digital scrapbooking! It sounds like you are quite talented at crafts. You certainly have plenty of "material" to scrap--those grandchildren are at the age where they are perfect for layouts. Isn't it amazing how much quicker you can scrap digitally? Of course, you can also make cards and other hybrid projects. But I'm sure that I don't need to tell you that.

Welcome to Gotta Pixel, enjoy your time here with us.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Hi Ruthie! Welcome to Gotta Pixel! I bet from now on you are going to travel very light ;-) , having everything at your finger tips :0 Digital scrapbooking is so much fun! I have been doing it now for a bit over 2 years and never looked back. I am also an avid card maker, more or less to use up all my sb supplies, hoping that I am able to use everything up in my lifetime LOL

Have you checked our challenges out yet? They are so much fun and a great way to get to know everyone

Can't wait to see your layout! Hope you share them with us Let us know if you need help with anything, there are so many friendly people on this board, that are willing to help out. So don't hesitate to ask

Glad you joined us.

Blessings!

Heike - CaScrappingGirl

Welcome to Gotta Pixel. Sure sounds like you have some wonderful things going on in your life .. so glad scrapping fits in there. There is so much going on here -- you can even get some bonuses and learn new tricks doing the challenges!! Look around and join the fun. We're glad you're here.

Hi Ruthie! Welcome to Gotta Pixel! So glad you are here.

Welcome to Gotta Pixel Ruthie!
    "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure." Jack Lemmon

Creating proudly for:

Wow! Sounds like you have a lot of fun! Great family too. Digi is so much more budget friendly in so many ways. You can make a page and then print out as many as you want and you don't have to re-buy the supplies. And you can take digi pics of all of your other projects and scrap them too.

You're gonna fit right in Glad you found us!

Thread Information