Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try a Rice Cooker Cake?

Thumbs up Anyone try a Rice Cooker Cake?

Isn't the web a FABULOUS source of information??

My dd was surfing and this recipe forum was talking about baking cakes in a rice cooker..so I googled it. Cake is fattening.. maybe steaming it would make it less dense so less calories? Or maybe I'd try it for a fun experiment..

To think, I use my rice cooker to cook RICE..

Rice Cooker Cake <<--click here

If I try this, I'll show you what happened.

*********EDIT*******

So further down this thread, a crockpot cake was mentioned (thanks Monica )

Here's something different. I've been regretting that I gave away my crockpot..now I really want one:

Crockpot Cake (bold clickable link)

I love google

Have you tried:

Microwave Cake in a Mug--thanks Chai!

Carrot Cake in a Cup--Thanks, Lori

Lava Cake in a Rice Cooker (microwave rice cooker)

Red Velvet Cake with a Wafflemaker --thanks Lori!

Thanks for all the finders of recipes!
    Last edited by Peaceful Angel; 05-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    "Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure." Jack Lemmon

Creating proudly for:

LOL good luck on it having less calories via steaming! Please do tell us of you experience is you decide to make it...I can see doing it if I was a college student for fun in the dorm room and because I have a chocolate craving but I have a hard enough time baking in a regular pan and I think the clean up would be more challenging in a rice pot!

Never heard of it! I just threw my rice cooker away because it doesn't work at high altitudes so I'll have to stick to cake in a pan. However, have you ever made the microwave cake in a mug? That's pretty yummy.

Really...you actually cook rice in a rice cooker Janice!?...c'mon now!!!! ROFL

I don't have a rice cooker and I really shouldn't have cake either...but let us know how it goes if you do try it...

Now cake in a mug!? That I might have to try....

Recipe please! Would love to try this one out. Sounds intriguing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    Never heard of it! I just threw my rice cooker away because it doesn't work at high altitudes so I'll have to stick to cake in a pan. However, have you ever made the microwave cake in a mug? That's pretty yummy.

Heike - CaScrappingGirl

Janice, I thought rice cookers where suppose to be items purchased by pack rats, but never be used ROFL Yea let us know what happened, how your cake came out

Heike - CaScrappingGirl

I haven't tried it yet.. still sounds interesting.. .. Recipe is in the first post if someone is brave enough to do it before me..

Not sure you can tell by my pic since I'm holding up a camera but I have Japanese ancestry in me..so it's a necessary piece of equipment (not sure my Mom would disown me..but she'd think it was weird). Oh yes and sillly me.. a rice cooker for rice!

I've tried the traditional mugcake (there's a layout on it somewhere..lol). And I like it.

Any way I can get my chocolate fix. lol

Creating proudly for:

that rice cooker cake sounded cool! I read the whole thing! haha. I dont have a rice cooker but I have a crock pot and I want to try a crock pot cake!

Mom to Three Girls, One Boy and One Papillon
    Wife to One Great Husband
    My Blog

OMG.. I didn't know there was such a thing.. (I thought you were kidding!!) hahahahaha.. well I need to get another crockpot..I have been thinking about it. We live in an apartment so I have to be careful how many small appliances we buy.

So I googled.. here is what I found. Crockpot Cake (bold clickable link)--adding it to the first post

Creating proudly for:

I have a recipe for a lemon blueberry crock pot cake that I keep meaning to try out.

Thread Information